If we want more women, or any other group of people, involved in Racket,
the only way to achieve this is to explain to this groups of people why do
they need Racket.

*(And openness and honesty is a great way to do it)*

And try to answer this question for ourselves.
What Racket can offer to this social group?
And if there is no answer, then perhaps no point in marketing something
that this group of people does not need or want.

What my experience says, any social groups based on general
similarities(gender, skin color) as a groups interested not in many things
at all.
They also act very aggressive not so to other groups but to individuals of
any king.
Because individual is what conceptually opposes to any group.

And I honestly believe that it is individuals who are interested in Racket.
It is individuals to whom Racket can offer something.

Therefore, I believe that to individuals we need advertise Racket, not to
groups.

Individuals may face different barriers, but I imagine very rarely
associated with they gender.
The main barrier is they a not yet a part of Racketeers group, if we a
talking about community.

It is crucial for small projects to have place where newbies can go, ask
silly questions, write stupid things, and get wise guidance.
And mailing list is something that younger generation even don't know to
exist.
So it will be nice to have at least community forum in this regard.