Hello everybody,

I'm trying to drive a WIN32 application from a Racket gui app to provide
the QA guys a simple way to interact with it. So far I'm quite successful
but I'm having a little issue.
I spawn my subprocess with subprocess :
https://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/subprocess.html
And for the sake of completeness I want to know when suprocess failed
(because the users tampered with the exe, because there's an ACL issue,
whatever).
The function doesn't have a return value for failure and it doesn't raise
an exception when I do stuff like
(subprocess "no exe here")
or
(subprocess "nice picture of an aardvark.png")
It only returns a seemingly valid value.

Can someone help me ? Is it an API defect and a special value should be
returned ? Should an exception be raised ? The doc doesn't say much about
this.
I don't really care about the OS-level cause of the failure but I need to
know if it failed.
I didn't test on my Linux box for consistency.

By the way, subprocess-pid returns 0 on such a "never spawned" process, and
I think it should be an error case too.

Cheers,
Bertrand

PS: Here's the reddit thread where I asked how to do it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Racket/comments/f0cbrp/is_there_a_way_to_catch_subprocess_failures/