On 19/05/2008, at 18.00, Sean Cribbs wrote:
Maybe we can add some check to the end of the initialization process that prevents them from activating unless the database is bootstrapped. As it currently stands, it's important to make sure all selected extensions are added to the load-paths, etc before ActiveRecord loads. Otherwise we're back where we were in 0.6.4 when extensions were loaded _after_ everything else, causing all sorts of load-order and load-path issues.

I've made a check in the extension_loader.rb on line 92 that checks if the database is bootstrapped before activating the extensions... should I commit it to Git and let you know? It works for me and I can now deploy to production, but check out the code and let me know :)

/watson