Paperclipped is intended to replace page_attachments, I wouldn't use both at the same time. I wanted to use something other than attachment_fu, so I wrote with different functionality than either gallery or page_attachments. I hope that it offers something that these do extensions do not. I actually use all three.

There are several ways you could use page_attachments with site wide images. Sean's suggestion would be the easiest. Paperclipped uses the same file structure as paperclipped (as I had started using attachment_fu), so it is easy to switch if you wish.

You could also add a tab to page_attachments, gaining acces to all the uploaded images images...

Regards,
Keith