On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 20:35 -0600, Marty Haught wrote:
> I vote we drop IE6 for the admin side.

I agree with the hatred for IE, but I for one promise my clients to
support the current version of a browser and one version previous.
Currently, that means IE 6 and 7. In many corporate environments IE 6 is
still the only browser allowed in the office. I know it's asinine, but
it's true.

While I certainly don't want to try and mandate which versions of
browsers that an open source project supports, I would like to suggest
that IE 6 not be dropped until version 8 is official. If you do kill
support for IE 6 could you please make an entry in the wiki describing
some of problems you were having with IE and mention where/how it might
be a problem even if you don't make the fix. That way those of use that
still need to support v6 can do so without any further involvement from
the core group.

Of course that's just my $0.02.

~Nate