On Sep 22, 2008, at 8:10 PM, Joe Van Dyk wrote:

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Joe Van Dyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Jason Garber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm needing an extension that will show the history of
pages/snippets/layouts as well as allowing concurrent drafts of published pages/snippets/layouts. The basic structure is that there's a series of versions of the current page — some of which are drafts and some of which are published — and the dev site shows the latest draft and the live site
shows the latest published version.

Features I'm anticipating:
* History of who changed what (including titles and other meta info, page
parts, snippets, layouts) for the whole site or an individual page,
including a diff so you can see at a glance exactly what changed with a toggle to see only changes between published versions or all the drafts in
between and a timeline to visualize the changes.
* Ability to revert to a prior version (actually just copy the old version
to a new draft).
* Ability to work on a single draft version and save it while an older published version is still live (like concurrent_drafts extension but without the scheduling and all the fields are draftable, not just the page
parts' content).

Does this resonate with anyone else?  Already working on a similar
extension?

Anyone wanting to collaborate on it? Any freelancers want to pick up the
job?

Good ideas about what to name this extension?

I need something like that.  I might be able to help work on it.

Other thing I need is to only let a certain user role be able to push
out all the changes to production.

Has anyone done any work on this yet?

Not yet AFAIK. This week I was busy wrapping up a couple other extensions, like textile_editor, but I plan to tackle this extension next week.