Well, I for one haven't. I've been meaning to take a look at some other extensions and to see if they'll do. I've also been dreaming about how it might work to have a git interface to the versioned data as well, so for heavy-duty stuff like branching and merging you could use git tools.

Right now I'm getting RedCloth compatible with Ruby 1.9, but then I'd be available to collaborate on something.

Jason