Great idea, and it seems to work fine for me - thanks :)

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards,
Casper Fabricius
http://casperfabricius.com

On 30/09/2008, at 1:22, Andrew Neil wrote:

I'm reviving this old thread, because it has been on my mind lately. I keep an eye on this mailing list, but it seems that not all extension authors like to announce their creations here.

Github has an RSS feed for all repositories:

        feed://github.com/repositories.atom

But how to get a better signal to noise ratio...?

I thought Google Reader might have some sort of filtering function, like the rules you can apply in GMail, but it seems to be missing that feature. So I searched, and discovered FeedRinse. This service offers RSS filtering for free.

I've setup a feed:

feed://feedrinse.com/services/rinse/?rinsedurl=b51f534d86b04ccc34a51415cca4f51c

with the following rules:

Allow the post if all the following conditions are met:
        title contains radiant
        title contains extension

This should catch any extensions published on github using the recommended naming convention. It has some fairly major blind spots, but it should help to keep you in the loop. Feel free to subscribe to the feed.

Since I created it, it has caught the following:

        00:15 (seconds ago)
        henryhamon/radiant-smer-extension
        Simple Mailer Extension for Radiant

        (17 hours ago)
        saturnflyer/radiant-user_home-extension
        Allows user configurable home screen location for Radiant CMS

Fresh!

Cheers,
Drew