On Jan 27, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Joe Van Dyk wrote:

I agree, paperclipped is the way to go. It's great to use imagemagick directly.

I've had the opposite experience. It's easier for me to install page_attachment (and it's requirements) than trouble-shoot Paperclip's load on my server because it's trying to make a thumbnail of a PDF file. Some here say it's an easy fix. Maybe so, but it's not plug- and-play.

Page_attachments just works, albeit it doesn't present a repository. It seems though it would be possible to add repository behavior to page_attachments by extending the page types to include a new type, say 'Asset Archive' and adding tags that would let me access its contents, like:

<r:asset:image from='/images' name='coolpic.jpg'/>

I like the flexibility this affords me too, I could call the archive anything I want and nest them too.

If I had the time to write one extension, it would be this one.

Jose