5. I've looked at the seo extension and it suggests to add a page part for each metadata. I find this is an unnecessary duplication, since I already fill out this information for each page. Is there any other way to incorporate the keywords and description fields as metatags for each page?

I don't know how to answer this, but bringing it back so someone else can.

if you are referring to
http://github.com/saturnflyer/radiant-seo_help-extension/
It was written to provide if_meta/unless_meta tags, which the existing standard Radiant tags does not provide.

The README says:
"You should consider using page parts for your page meta data. The tags involved in using pages parts are significantly more helpful and flexible than the tags to support the meta information."

This is because I felt that the keywords and description fields could easily, and more adeptly be used when the content is added in page parts because the tags supporting those are significantly more flexible. In order to have if/unless tags in my layouts for the keywords/description, I needed to write this extension (and because a client already had info in those fields).

Hope that helps.

-Jim

Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com