I'm happy to help. I'll do the first part or the second. It only looks like about 50 pages. Let me know which you want from me.

Steven

On Apr 7, 2009, at 11:58 AM, John W. Long wrote:

Hello Radiant Users,

The software that we are using to run the Radiant Wiki seems to constantly have problems. We've decided that it would be better to move to another solution. Right now we are looking at just putting the content in the GitHub project. Every project on GitHub has a wiki so this seems like the ideal solution.

Would anyone have time to volunteer to help make this happen? The import could actually be broken down into two parts done by two separate people, or by the same person.

1. Crawling the current wiki (http://wiki.radiantcms.org) and grabing the Textile content for each of the pages. Shoving it into text files with the page name in them (e.g. "Using Radiant.textile"). You can get a list of all pages here: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/all/list Access the edit action for a page to get at the page content: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Accessing_Radiants_User_Model/1/edit

2. Taking the content from the text files, munging the content for GitHub, and creating wiki pages on GitHub: http://wiki.github.com/radiant/radiant

Once everything is in order we can flip the switch and start directing visitors to the Web site to the new wiki.

So can I see a show of hands from people who would like to work on this? Seems like a fun project. It's a great way to give back to the community if you have been looking for way to contribute.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com