On May 25, 2009, at 9:05 PM, N. Turnage wrote:

Charlie Robbins wrote:
Nate,
You should thinkg about posting that information to the Wiki of either the Mailer or Twitter extension. This is exactly the type of information that we were discussing at the NYC Radiant Meetup last Thursday. Which Twitter extension in particular did it not work with? I know that there are
more than one.

I had both the Twitter and Twitter_Tags extensions loaded, but it was the Twitter extension that was causing problems. That's a good idea to post it to the wiki. I have two weeks to hit a major deadline (aren't we all), but after that I'll do it. There are some other nuggets to share that I don't think a lot of people have encountered, and would be good for the wiki.

This is likely due to the fact that the Mailer extension uses the name "config" to refer to the mailer config, and NOT Radiant::Config as the convention goes.

Mailer should *not* use "config"
http://github.com/radiant/radiant-mailer-extension/blob/b661842349b8019d98aac9b50a576541d5f01d13/lib/mailer_process.rb#L12

Because the Twitter extension uses "config" to refer to Radiant::Config and it is loaded after Mailer, the Mailer "config" is clobbered.

I've not tested this, but it is likely the case. I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner, Nate.

Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com