Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
N. Turnage wrote:
Hey guys,

I have built a contact form with Mailer and I would like to use it in my template so that it is at the bottom of every page. It is working on the contact page itself, but on any other page I get the "Mailer config is not valid" error. The ReadMe for Mailer says that you can use it in a snippet, but doesn't mention the syntax to do that. Right now I have this set up in a snippet that is at the bottom of my template:

<r:find url="/contact/">
<r:content />
</r:find>
not sure how the extension works, but can't you use it in a snippet and then use the snippet from the layout?

I though so, and I'm curious how to make that happen.

I just looked at its readme and it says:
You configure the recipients and other Mailer settings in a "mailer" part
The form and it's config are set up properly. On the /contact page everything works perfectly. But on other pages it doesn't.

Just a suggestion:
1. You may be able to use:

 from_field: my_form_field_that_contains_the_from_email_address
with a snippet that has the mailer form.
This won't help. This is just to set the "From" field to the address of the user submitting the form.

2. It seems that you mailer may be failing because you don't have a mailer part. It may be that with your current code, you also need the mailer part on your pages.
Yeah, it's set up properly. This isn't the issue...

Wait a minute, does this mean that even if the form is in a snippet, each page (every page for me) needs a mailer and an email part to allow for processing the form? If so, is there a way of "creating" a page part in my template so that I don't have to add mailer and email parts to every page? So I can do something like this:

<r:part:new name="mailer">
   <r:find url="/contact">
      <r:content part="mailer" />
   </r:find>
</r:part:new>

Good luck.

On a side note, I noticed this:

Caveats

Relative urls will almost certainly not work if the mailer fails validation. Solution? Only use absolute urls.
How would that affect me here?

~Nate