Jeff,

I find that a combination of checking the last updated date stamp, with tags
and text in most docs are the most reliable 'filters' for checking if stuff
might work on .8.

It would be helpful if Radiant utilizied something similar to the approach
wordpress' plugin directory takes (ie
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/intensedebate/ ) but for now there is no
such solution that I'm aware of.