Hi Jim, that's what I figured and so in order to have Markdown filter
it as raw HTML I will have to create my own snippet as I thought. Per
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#html it seems the
only why Markdown will utilize it as 'Inline HTML' is if there's a a
line between the inline html and no indentation (thus the snippet
won't work in my case). I agree that this was not related to the
comment extension so I apologize for "sneaking it in". Thanks for all
your help and wonderful extensions Jim ;-)