Daniel O'Connell said the following on 02/04/2010 02:04 PM:
> Anton,

> Thank you very much for your help! I think it would be a great help
> to others, if you could add your method to the  Radiant docs wiki.

In a mail message there's context and we can add with dialogue to
clarify.  To do a piece for a wiki I'll need to be specific, include
screen shots and a lot ore detail.

I started on that and found it was so much work and had a  crash from a
power failure and ... and ... and I need to get my taxes done ... and
... I need the 'span" of time and attention.

Maybe.

> I'm still going through the steps you gave, but so far so good.
> This "nuts and bolts" understanding of how to work in Radiant has
> really been eluding me. Thanks for the link.

I suppose by now I work with about 10 tabs open on snippets, templates,
pages, page parts, page views, google searches, e-books, style sheets,
web tools ... that it would be impossible to describe my approach to the
'nuts and bolts' of 'keyboarding'.  I don't know how people ever lived
without multi-taking editors ...

> Andrea's website is really a great resource
> for ideas. So is fullahead.org.

Indeed.  So are many other "free template" sites :-)

> Right now I'm working from the Lazy Days template
> http://fullahead.org/index.php/work/project/lazydays/
> for a semi-fluid layout that scales well and can be 1 or more
> columns.  The template is very well documented throughout.
> Very clean nicely laid out code too.

Documentation, somewhere, is Very, Very useful.
Keep notes on what and why you do what you do.

I just found that my template a snippet that was just a logo.
Moving it from the snippet to the template and then from the asset to
the file system really helped performance!  Note to self: remember this
when writing up the process.

>> Well, OK,  0-sidebar, 1-sidebar and 2-sidebar types of "themes".
>> Uh-oh!  Someone isn't going to like that!
>>
>> Perhaps you need to use Joomla after all ...
>

> Joomla...Oh that almost gave me nightmares. Radiant is so much
> better than any of the CMSes I' am aware of, Rails or
> otherwise and i've researched/tested dozens of them.

Indeed!  But 'better' is a context sensitive term.
If you were running a major portal or a publishing mini-empire and had
dozens of editors and hundreds of authors then you might think differently.

--
The way that can be followed is not the Way
The truth that can be told is not the Truth