On 21 Jul 2010, at 20:18, Jim Gay wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Horst Rischbode <ho...@horibo.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this doesn't seem to be a windows issue. Here is the log entry. This comes
>> up each time, a thumbnail or icon image should be built.
>>
>> [paperclip] identify '-format' '%wx%h'
>> 'C:/DOCUME~1/horibo/LOCALS~1/Temp/stream,3296,0.jpg[0]' 2>NUL
>> [paperclip] An error was received while processing:
>> #<Paperclip::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError:
>> C:/DOCUME~1/horibo/LOCALS~1/Temp/stream,3296,0.jpg is not recognized by the
>> 'identify' command.>
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
>
> It looks like this is an error from Paperclip.
> I don't know enough about it and windows to give you any help. You
> might want to try the paperclip mailing list
> http://groups.google.com/group/paperclip-plugin

That error usually means that imagemagick can't be found, which again is
usually because only a restricted path is available to your application. In
that case the easy fix is to set Paperclip.options[:command_path] in an
initializer. You get the same thing under passenger, and for that I use this:

        Paperclip.options[:command_path] = IMAGE_MAGICK_PATH

So that IMAGE_MAGICK_PATH can be set differently for each environment.

will