On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Lord.Quackstar
<lord.quacks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently when installing gem compiles the scripts to native code
> using make, gcc, and several other commands. I've had to manually
> download and add make and gcc to my PATH.
>
> Here's what happens
>
> [[na...@p3nlhjava006 html]$ gem install radiant
> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> ERROR:  Error installing radiant:
>        ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
> make: *** [/home/content/i/h/a/[name]/.gems/gems/RedCloth-4.2.3/lib/
> redcloth_scan.so] Error 1

i can't be of any help figuring out how to compile stuff on a godaddy
server but to skip the RedCloth installation altogether try:

gem install rake will_paginate
gem install rack -v 1.1.0
gem install radiant --ignore-dependencies

this will cause Radiant to fallback on its vendored (older, pure ruby) RedCloth.