Hi Jim,
Thanks for your response.  I appreciate it.  The error messages were all of
the type "*undefined tag `snippet'*" along with no presence in the admin
panel -- just as if none of the default extensions existed.

Updating the Gemfile was the correct action, since apparently between 1.0.1
and 1.1.1 the default Gemfile was changed to include the extensions as
gems.  Which makes sense, but I wasn't expecting it.  Or perhaps I had a
bizarre setup that wasn't using Bundler as it was meant to be used.
Whatever the case, I got it all fixed with the following Gemfile, based on
the latest versions available in RubyGems:

# START Gemfile
source :rubygems
gem "radiant", "~> 1.1.1"

# SQLite is the default database connection but only suitable for local use
gem "sqlite3", "~> 1.3.4"

# A standard gem extension
# gem "radiant-example-extension", :version => "~> 1.0.0"
gem "radiant-archive-extension", "~> 1.0.7"
gem "radiant-clipped-extension", "~> 1.1.1"
gem "radiant-debug-extension", "~> 1.0.2"
gem "radiant-exporter-extension", "~> 1.1.0"
gem "radiant-markdown_filter-extension", "~> 1.0.2"
gem "radiant-sheets-extension", "~> 1.1.0"
gem "radiant-site_templates-extension", "~> 1.0.6"
gem "radiant-smarty_pants_filter-extension", "~> 1.0.2"
gem "radiant-snippets-extension", "~> 1.1.0"
gem "radiant-textile_filter-extension", "~> 1.0.4"
# END Gemfile

The config/environment.rb file was (and is) stock as generated by the
radiant command.

I do have two other questions though.

1.  I'm familiar with using the file-system extension to export from the DB
to the file system; is  saturnflyer /
radiant-file-system-resources-extension the best current version of this?

2.  I have a client on a Radiant 0.9.1 system with a bunch of extensions
installed via Ray.  While I want to migrate them, I'm going to have to do
some extensive development sandboxing to make sure it's seamless.  Are
there any (security) steps I should take in the mean time for Radiant
0.9.1?  I think I saw that the change to 1.1.1 from 1.1.0 was security
motivated.

Thanks!

Derek

--