On 14/08/2019 11.35, alexander.hartma...@t-systems.com wrote:

We have multiple AuthBys per handler, e.g. one FILE, three LDAP2, one SQL.
As AuthBy LDAP2 returns a reject for both user not found and incorrect password
we have configured AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept in the Handler.
The issue we have with this config is the logging: if a user enters an
incorrect password and the user isn't found by the last AuthBy but one of the
four previous ones, it is skipped and the last one returns 'no such user'.

We'd like to stop trying further AuthBys when one finds the user but the
password is incorrect to make troubleshooting such issues easier.

I can't think if a way to use AcceptIfMissing in combination with AuthByPolicy
to do this and think a IgnoreIfMissing would be helpful.

Any advise if that's possible without hooks?

Can't think a good way to do this without hooks.

With hooks I'd consider PostAuthHook within AuthBy LDAP2 to switch result argument to, for example, ignore if it looks like the user was not found.

A simple method could be to look at the reason. A more controlled method could be to use a PostSearchHook to add a marker attribute in $p when there was a result and user was found. The PostAuthHook could then use the presence of this attribute for deciding if the result should be changed.

In short: flag in PostSearchHook, act in PostAuthHook. All this within AuthBy LDAP2.

Thanks,
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.