> Hi Mike,
>
> ==> From: Mike McCauley
>
> > I have had a report of something similar for one kind of LDAP server.
> > Apparently what happens is that that type of LDAP server closes the TCP
> > connection after a timeout of a few minutes, whereas Radiator expects the
> > connection to stay up.
>
> I have problems even if I perform two authentications within a few seconds.
>
> > What type of LDAP server do you have?
> > Can you confirm whther you are seeing similar behaviour?
>
> I'm using a LDAP server which comes with the Imail server 5.0.3 for this.
> Some info about this is at
>
>      http://www.ipswitch.com/products/imail_server/openstandards.html
>
> Somebody using this LDAP server successfully in combination with radiator??

We're using the the AuthLDAP module. Maybe you should change to this older
module. We have had no problems using the Netscape Directory Server and the
OpenLDAP server. Connections stay up as they should. IMHO this is the preferred
way, as it reduces the rather large overhead of setting up a new connection and
binding etc for every new connection.

- Joost.

Joost Stegeman
Internet Service Unit