Hi Richard,

On Jun 18,  1:47pm, Richard Hawley wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) snmpget errors.
> I've suddenly started getting snmpget errors.  The only thing that has
changed is I upgraded the linux kernel to 2.2.9 Here is my config.

> # radius.cfg
>
> Trace 4
> PidFile         /usr/local/radius/radiusd.pid
> AuthPort        1645
> AcctPort        1646
> LogDir          /usr/local/radius/log
> LogFile         %L/%Y%m%d
> DbDir           /usr/local/radius/raddb
> DictionaryFile  /usr/local/radius/dictionary.usr
> RewriteUsername tr/[A-Z]/[a-z]/
>
> <Client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
>         Secret somesecret
>         DefaultRealm domain.com
>         IgnoreAcctSignature
>         NasType TotalControlSNMP
>         SNMPCommunity somecommunity
>         IdenticalClients xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx etc.
> </Client>
>
> I have 2.13.1 and all the patches.  I am using RedHat 5.2 with kernel 2.2.9
(which is new) and RH's rpm ucd-snmp-utils-3.5.3-2 package for snmpget.  I have
double and triple
> checked the community and it is correct.  Here is the errors I am getting
>
> Error in packet
> Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
> This name doesn't exist:
> No community name specified.
> Usage:
>   snmpget [-v 1|2c|2p] [-h] [-d] [-q] [-R] [-D] [-m <MIBS>] [-M <MIDDIRS>]
[-p <P>] [-t <T>] [-r <R>] [-c <S> <D>] <hostname> <community>|{<srcParty>
<dstParty> <context>}
> [<objectID> ...]
>
> ....all the parameters for snmpget printed here...I thought I'd spare you and
delete them

> sh: somecommunity: command not found

So, that last line is actually printed out by snmpget or Radiator?

> So it looks like radiator is not parsing the config file correctly because it
thinks the community 'somecommunity' is a command, not part of the
SNMPCommunity setting.  More
> likely is that RedHat is using some weird version of snmpget.

Did you specify SNMP version 1? Radiator only supports version 1. Perhaps the
new snmpget has a different default version?

> ..Rich
>
> PS: Before sending this message, I uninstalled the ucd-snmp's rpm's and
installed the latest version from the link off the radiator site.  Same
problem.
> PSS: Mike, FYI the link to ucd-snmp is not working properly.  It tacks on the
ucd URL to open.com.au.
Fixed.
Thanks for that one.