Hi Billy,

> I wonder what Ernie's take on the video is.

Mostly I thought you’d enjoy a good kindred spirit rant, from the email as much
as the video.

However, I must also confess to being a “weak” social constructivist. :-)

Obviously I agree that the long term answers of science are determined by the
evidence. But the questions considered worth asking – and how those answers are
interpreted – are very deeply socially constructed.

One interesting example I I heard from the humanities is how there was no
“philosophy of religion“ before the enlightenment, because religion was just
assumed. Just as there is no “philosophy of secularism“ now.

For all their many flaws, I actually am grateful to the social constructivist
for reminding us that we never know our own blind spots.

Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community
<RadicalCentrism@googlegroups.com>
Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/RadicalCentrism
Radical Centrism website and blog: http://RadicalCentrism.org

---
"Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community" group.
to radicalcentrism+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.