Person:

I hope you have an interest in Radical Centrism; I think it is safe to say

that we would welcome a new perspective.  FYI, in the past we have

had discussions with a Taoist from Singapore who was active in our group

for about 2 years, and there once was a Japanese-American Buddhist from LA

who was seriously interested in music and even wrote  a classical composition

on a Radical Centrist theme.  We are certainly open to "ideas from the East."

There are all sorts of goodies in our archives but Ernie is in the best position

to tell you what to look for and how best to access it.  In terms of religion,

most of our modest membership are Evangelical but there are others

who have their own views of faith that cannot be categorized by

any conventional language.  Not sure what to say about Sam Harris.

Personally I really like (much of) his stuff; the questions he raises

are important and necessary to deal with.  And, of course, his views

on Islam are pretty much exactly my views.  Still, IMHO,

Atheists miss the boat in a number of ways; I'd love the opportunity

to have a discussion with him some day.

About RC more generally, there are several varieties.  We sometimes think

of ourselves as the West Coast variant, juxtaposed to the East Coast species

which is found at the New America Foundation and The Atlantic magazine.

We operate pretty much like an unfunded start-up in contrast to the

rather large bankroll at New America.  They are Democratic Party Lite;

we are political Independents who tilt conservative, but don't take

this as set in stone. On a number of issues  -case by case-  we

are more to the Left than New America.

What also sets us apart is that there sometimes are lively religious discussions

here and several people are professionals in the  computer biz so there is
that factor as well.

Anyway, look around, if you want to participate you would be most welcome.

Cheers

Billy