Back to reviewing the Radio - I love it.  The first experience wasn't
good, it wouldn't connect to the network on the wired socket ready for
it but a bit of fiddling showed the socked wasn't properly wired.  I
take back all the things I called Logitech and the Radio.

With a properly wired socket the installation was, and has subsequently
been, easy.  The display works well, if the viewing angle is a touch
restricted sometimes, and the menus are pretty logical.  After initial
cursing the text/number entry system using the scroll wheel is quite
effective.

Being rather critical for a moment the sound quality isn't Hifi at all;
the bass is boomy, there's absolutely no clear detail in the high
frequencies at all, just a fizzy mash of noise, but that said the total
sound is warm and enjoyable, there's no background noise, and it's
perfectly good if you're not expecting too much - my wife is currently
dancing round the bathroom to the Jackson 5!  For speech radio it's
ideal, voices coming through full and clear.  It produces a decent
volume and doesn't distort if turned up to max.

It cost €170 delivered to the door from amazon.de and as such is pretty
good value, we'll be ordering a second one any time now.  Well done
Logitech.

--
hellesangel

Two Squeezebox 3, firmware 127
Squeezeslave-0.9-65-alsa on same PC as server
Squeezecenter 7.3.3 - 27044, running under openSUSE11.1