pippin;480718 Wrote:
> Did you import old TrackStat ratings?
> I recently re-setup my server and moved to 7.5.0 and when I let
> TrackStat (2.10, I believe) import my old ratings it took down the
> server for around 12h (it's a slow server), logged a LOT of stuff and
> caused mysql load that was so heavy that I couldn't even connect a
> player to the server.

Do you have any logs left ?
If there was any errors, I'd like to see them.
If it's just messages about not finding alternative paths it's not a
problem, it just takes time.

pippin;480718 Wrote:

> I remember Erland had some issues with some db change in 7.4 that
> caused slow lookups and one proposed solution was to generate an
> additional table with hash ids to speed things up and only cause the
> slow operation once at startup.
> I don't know whether Erland implemented that but this was _my_ suspect
> for the cause, I'll see how it will work in the future...

It's the Logitech tables that's the problem, I'd prefer to not modify
Logitech standard tables as it might make their upgrade scripts very
complex if they want to handle a database that has been partly improved
by a third party plugin.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))