If I had a Radio I would definitely need a remote (the Radio would be
sitting on a shelf where I had to lean all over the kitchen table to
operate it), but I would have no use for a battery at all. :)

Chances are, however, that if they were selling the battery and the
remote separately, the battery would still cost the same or even more
than the bundle because two separate products would require twice the
logistics. I guess that is how economy works these days, everything you
buy comes bundled with something you don't need. I cannot count how many
earphones and USB cables I already have.

--
usch