My radio (original, not UE) just died.  It was on standby showing the
time yesterday and now it's just totally powered down.

I've checked the wall-wart PSU and it is still putting out 18 volts on
the concentric connector that goes into the back of the radio.

What's the most likely cause of this total failure?  Is there an
internal PSU inside which fails?

I am reasonably proficient in electronics, I can solder and replace
chips, etc.  and have quite a range of test equipment (including a
'scope even!).  However I'm not really keen to attack surface mount

Chris Green
Radio mailing list