John Andersen wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 November 2006 17:20, Vipul Ved Prakash wrote:
>>  The volume of reports for the domain does indicate poor
>> mailing practices, however, what these might be and how to fix them is
>> beyond the scope of this list.
>
> In that case, it would seem the best practice would be to let
> the weight of the reports rule the day, with no outside
> intervention.

Agreed entirely.

The only problem here, as Vipul stated, was due to a back-end bug this domain
became irrevocable and immune to the reports of the day. That's bad.

Of course, it does still disturb me that 237 trusted users reported this domain.
I'd find it surprising that any decent number of people were blindly signed up
for this without ever visiting the site.

Sure, I can see some bored teenager signing their fat math teacher up as an
immature gag, but really. 237 trusted reporters got signed up for this domain by
a malicious 3rd party? I find the explanation of someone stupidly filling out a
web form without looking at the checkboxes significantly more plausible. In my
heart, I know that's probably par for the course, but I do always find it
disturbing how often people blame others for their own faults. (such as giving a
website their email address without looking at the check-boxes below it that say
"Yes, subscribe me to..". Clearly one should be a little more careful than
that.)

Fortunately, razor does correctly handle such realities, and understands how to
mark a domain as contested.

Except when its broken. Then we need a little intervention to fix things.