I had to do a double take and checked out the Surly site about
standover height on the 42 cm LHT. It claims 27.7 inches however I bet
that could be reduced an inch, possibly and inch and a half. I had'nt
even considered a Suly in matter of a child's bike so that was a
pleasant surprise.

The Giant barely fits my son at exactly 25 inchs (mid frame), though I
would like to
get him a chomoly frame, I settled for this. Also since I had the
upgade of Albatross bars in mind the suspension forks provide enough
weight to counteract
the touchy lack of control feeling you get with 'em. My son is also a
hair lacking
in the motor skill department as well.

I'm considering a Brooks for the young man but that might be a stretch
too soon because of saddle care issues. He feels that a bicycle is
also a human powered submersable, so the deeper the mud puddle the
great the water sport.