The bike, or what is left of it, is a 2008 (I think it's an '08) Redline
Monocog 29er, the cheap tigg'd chromo very compact 29er mtb frame that,
built up OEM, rolls out the door for a list of $500 plus tax. I've
considerably upgraded mine, but the frame, despite it's girder-like
stiffness and massive weight, works very well for my purpose. It takes the
2.3" Big Apples which, on the 45 mm Snowcat SL rims, measure an actual 65 mm
wide and 29 1/4 inches tall; and there is still huge clearance for Planet
Bike 60 mm fenders and daylight between top of tire and bottom of fender.
The bb height with these wheels is an immense 12+ inches, but the bike does
not feel "tippy". Remaining from the stock package, beside the frame, are
the hugely long seatpost, and the headset; all else is upgraded, thus:
Truvative 170 road crankset with Truvative bb and single 39 t ring.
18 t BMX cog
Turbo saddle
Salsa Bell Lap bars, 46 cm
Profile very short and steep stem
Dura Ace aero levers
Avid 160 mm road disc brakes (I hope soon to change the front to a 180 or
230)
Better-than-Jagwire cables
First generation Shimano M540 (?) pedals
Old Nelson
Velo Orange bag support
Honka Hoota

I can run the Big Apples at lower than 15 front, tho' much below 15 psi and
you have sidewall flex and steering weirdness on pavement. I am still
seeking the sweet spot for the rear tire pressure: 18 is a bit hard: but I
expect that, for my typical rides, of which 2/3 are on sandy irrigation
roads and 1/3 are on pavement, 13/15 might be the best compromise.

I hope to get a local brazer to install fender and rack braze ons, move the
front disc mount to accomodate a 230 mm rotor, install threaded eyelets for
fenders under seatstay and chainstay bridges, and rig up some sort of fork
crown extension (the rigid fork is suspension corrected) so that I can get a
decent front fender line without having to jury-rig a mounting bracket.