On a slightly different tact.
Please, no flames as I live in China I do buy Chinese products

I have thought that a wonderful cycling jersey could be made from
knitted silk. There is a company in Honzhou that makes golf shirts
from this and they are just the absolute max in comfort.

Silk has a lot of the same properties as wool in that is both warm in
cool weather and cool in hot weather but it is never scratchy.

If someone would make a jersey that has a collar and a front pocket,
like a square tailed golf shirt with a couple of small cycling pockets
in back, I think they could sell a bunch of them. Bicycle commuters
could wear them at work as silk, like wool doesn't stink if you sweat
in it. So for a short commute, in a semi-casual atmosphere you
wouldn't need to change.

The problem would be that these things would be really pricy. Probably
at least USD $150.00 each