This Niner RLT 9 is a cool bike no doubt. It tugs at several of my strings.
I've gone back and looked at it several times. Did it again today having
read this post. I went and looked at Bike Rumors review Bike Rumor Niner
RLT 9 Review
<http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/06/04/review-niner-rlt-9-gravel-road-bike/>.
But... you don't need to read into that review too deeply before you get to
suggestions of carbon bars and flexible seat posts to get away from the
jariness of the aluminum frame. Correct me but I don't think a rock-hard
aluminum frame will never "plane". It will never have a nice, compliant
ride, and it will never give you the feedback and comfort of a good steel,
ti or even carbon frame. I dream of Calfee's too. And Co-Motions, Maps,
AHH's and Black Mountain Monster Cross's. Dreamin' is good!