Tim and Jim,
Thank you both for that great information on brakes, tires, fenders and
wheels!  That is exactly the feedback I was hoping for.  I haven't started
buying parts or building it up; it is a blank canvas at this point.  Do
either of you have a photo of your bike from the side showing how the 650b
wheels look on the bike?
Time for me to do a bit more reading on 650b wheelsets and tires.
Thanks again,
Erl