I have 2 - 27oz KK Reflect ( brushed finish) and two knock off iris cages.

Here are some of the my observations...
Even though I washed them thoroughly I still get that funky SS smell/ taste.
They rattle like crazy. The loop and bottle in the cage. I'm going to have
to try some of the the ideas mentioned in the other responses. I wrapped my
loop in hemp twine and that has helped some what.
The dirt and grim from the gravel roads has destroyed the finish although,
I'm sure I can clean it up with some Bar Keepers friend.
Get insulated because the single wall freezes in no time and I know you
ride in some cold temps.

Hope this helps.
Jeff