Patrick,
I have used the 27oz Kleen Kanteen bottles for several years and like them.
 I have Iris cages on my Atlantis and the Kleen Kanteen plastic cages on my
Surly
LHT:
http://www.kleankanteen.com/products/accessories/klean-kanteen-bike-cage.php
I have never had a bottle fall out using either cage; both hold the bottles
tightly.  I personally do not like the tactile sensation or sound of
sliding the bottle in and out of the Iris cages, but that is my own issue.
 The plastic cages have been very reliable on both my bike and my wife's.
 None have broken; however we do not ride much below 20F.
All the best,
Erl