Peter's reference to cables is on point: If you're already comfortable with
*that,* you're ready for the other jobs you've listed. Read lots
(especially about which way BB's thread in), look at pics, watch videos,
grease threads, go slow, and have fun!

PS. One thing I've learned the hard way is the need to keep a 'big picture'
while wrenching. It's easy to lose track of what some other part of the
bike is doing while you're up close with a wrench, so it's good to keep an
eye on where everything is while you're working: Are the bars steady, or
hitting the toptube? Is the chain dragging across paint while I mess with
these cranks? Did I tighten that stem before I started taping the bars?
That kinda thing.

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.