I was in the same situation as you a couple years ago.  I learned from
reading all of Sheldon Brown, internet videos (Part tool has great ones),
and a basic maintenance class at my local bike co-op.

Since then, I've taken a part-time job doing final assembly and maintenance
on bikes at my LBS.  They were actually willing to take someone with your
level of skill and teach you the rest.  They start you off in "training"
for several weeks, where your bike builds are supervised and inspected, and
then they decide if they want to hire you on for good after that.

Having a project bike to learn on is great.  Rivbikes have pretty
traditional style components, so an 80s-90s beater bike would be roughly
similar.  More similar than a new bike, at least.