At the risk of getting kicked out of this group, I will state that I don't
know why people don't clean their bikes more often. As the saying goes,
cleanliness is next to godliness, and in the case of bikes, being clean
will improve overall operating performance and thus riding satisfaction.
Frequent cleaning will also increase the service life of parts as they'll
be well-lubricated and won't be running in crud. Finally, frequent cleaning
will make each individual cleaning an easier affair because crud won't
accumulate and become persistent.

I clean my bikes every 4-500 miles or so (I use the "B" mileage counter on
my cyclocomputers) and with some standard process/setup I learnt years ago
working at a bike shop, the bikes come out gleaming in less than 30
minutes. And that's with me dripping a drop of oil on each chain link (no
OCD jokes please; I know I've got a bad case of it already). If I'm really
rushing it, I'm sure I can do it in less than 20 minutes. But I don't
usually rush it as the process is surprisingly therapeutic, so much so that
friends will often drop off bikes for "detailing" (don't worry, I'm
compensated via local fresh coffee beans).