Hi Benz,

I'd love to hear your cleaning process--maybe I could be reformed. I used
to keep my bikes a lot tidier when I lived in a dry place like Sunnyvale.
All it took was a wipe down every couple of weeks. Some of us in rainy
places just give up. There just isn't much point when the next commute
sends gray slurry streaming down tire sidewalls and fork legs, while the
rain washes away any of the "clean" chain lubes available at a ridiculous
rate.

Maybe I've warped in my time here, but a good looking bike still looks good
to me dirty. Even unabashed bike aesthete Jan Heine is on record saying he
doesn't bother to clean his tire sidewalls in Seattle.

Best,
joe broach
pdx or