The idea of more supportive pedals did cross my mind.
Might be the best answer so as to not have to depend on a special pair of shoes
for riding.

Gr-9's are beautiful pedals but too narrow for my wide feet. I like something
wide like the MKS Touring as they are wide enough.

I'll have to look into trying some pedals as well as shoes and see what works
best. Thanks for the recommendations and please keep them coming.