I posted a similar request regarding shoes with thin gripsters and got lots
of great advice (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rbw-owners-bunch/surlyprof$20shoes/rbw-owners-bunch/aVHSUQf7RRM/udfBHiIE_g8J).

I have slightly wider feet so some of the recommendations wouldn't work.
Ended up buying Scarpa Mystic Lites (http://www.scarpa.com/mystic-lite).
They have a little more of a hiking sole than I would like but the soles
are stiffer than the sneakers I was using.  Next time I may try their
approach shoe such as their "Vitamin" or "Crux".  Seek out sales.  I found
the Mystic Lites for $59.  Christopher Chen recommended Red Wing Chukkas.
I actually stumbled across a pair of irregulars in black (postman shoes)
for 40 bucks so I bought them.  Probably too dorky to wear with shorts
(unless you are in uniform) but I have to admit, when I commuted to work in
them, they were pretty awesome.  I may have to eat the full price of the
tan or brown ones in the future.  Their website is offering a $20 off
coupon if that helps.

John