Oh, oh, oh! Photos, photos, photos please! Merlin, Hampsten, Ducati,
Viking, Motobecane, Linskey, Eisentraut! Gordon too!

The house at the nw corner of my little cul de sac is rented by what appear
to be a contingent of college students; they appear Navajo, perhaps
attending the nearby Navajo college. One owns a 2001 Ducati 750 which I've
drooled over as I walk by. Surprisingly retro looking compared to the rice
rockets so popular among the young hereabouts; the local elderly bad boys
and the dentist-types who want to look mean ride farting Harleys or such
like. Anyway, I've toyed with the idea of a motorbike, non-rice, non-Harley
(Harleys require flabby upper arms), thinking back to my teenagerhood in
late '60s early '70s Nairobi where the cool guys rode old British iron -- a
friend had a BSA 441 that we thought was the epitome of coolness, and my
135 lb guitar teacher bought an old dirt track racer, stripped Norton, that
he could barely kick over. (I observed, but I was already building my own
bikes -- liked to race the smaller motos along the dirt road to the Nairobi
International School campus on my half-stepped Sprite.)

(Draws in a long, sobbing breath after that excessively long parenthesis.)

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:54 PM, 'pb' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Orange Rambouillet, Campy 10 (Riv content checked off)
> Hampsten Travelissimo Ti, built by Kent Eriksen, Campy 10
> Merlin Agilis Ti Campy 10
> Schwinn Paramount 60th Anniversary Ti, built by Serotta, Campy 10
> Seven Alaris Ti Campy 10 with flat bars.  Why?  Set it up for my wife, who
> rides the same size I do, but she never rides it.
> Bruce Gordon Hikari 1989 touring bike, XT 8
> Specialized Sequoia 1983
> Eisentraut Limited 1975 with Campy Super Record from the 80's
> Motobecane Le Champion, 1979-ish, built as a townie
> Viking Pathracer, mid 1950's, single-speed, Northroad bars
> Lynskey Ridgeline Ti hardtail 29'er, SRAM 2x10
> Ritchey Timber Comp, 1984, built for me, awaiting restoration and some
> tweaks.  It will be a drop-bar all-rounder with Campy 10.
>
> Each one with very distinct character, some with distinct purposes.  I
> bought the Paramount and the Hikari almost at the same time, and abruptly
> arrived at N+0.
>
> Oh, and also a Ducati Multistrada with touring bags.
>
> ~pb
> (who needs to move to Sonoma so he has more riding options)
>

>  --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. *Aristotle

*The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. *Dante