I don't remember what he attributes it too.

I just remember him writing on the blog  that, for 700c bikes, he felt that
handling gets worse when the tire with exceeds 35mm, while 650b bikes keep
their nimble handling with tires wider than that.

I am pretty sure he used the term "degrades", but it doesn't matter what
the term was, as he was the one doing the writing, and he had a right to
put it however he wanted since it is his private blog, and not a scientific
journal.

I'm not gonna look it up or anything. But I'll gladly remove the post if
you want me to so I don't mislead anyone.