From: David Faller [mailto:dfal...@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 9:33 AM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] AHH as a road bike

You probably need to identify what you personally consider to be "better" in
a road bike.  I thought about a Hilsen, but got a Ram.  I'm not sure I could
have told the difference at the time, as far as which was "better".  What I
later found made an enormous difference was tires.  I went from Ruffy Tuffy
to Jack Brown greens.  It's like a different (and better) bike!  You might
find the feel you're seeking by going the other direction and putting on
narrower tires.

IMHO, you should experiment extensively with tires on your Hilsen to see if
you have some sort of revelation about feel.  I think you'd regret trading
away the Hilsen for some elusive sense of road feel.  What if you did trade
for a Ram and discovered you actually liked it less?