on 12/4/09 7:11 AM, David Faller at dfal...@charter.net wrote:

I second the motion.  Most "serious" riders (racers) that I encounter have a
sole focus.  They know nothing about their bike, they don't use it for
anything other than sporting equipment.  The bike doesn't fit right, is
ill-maintained, etc. but the rider has on the cutting edge kit.  Looks the
part, but couldn't tell you about one component on the bike.  Why is that
more serious than what I do?

I don't really think it's appropriate to draw lines or make generalizations
about "most" riders of any interest.

Aside from that, it's really outside of the focus of this group and the
topic of this thread.

Thanks!

- Jim / list admin

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Your Photos are needed! - http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"I thought the idea was to waste the rest of our lives together.."
-- Cyril, "Breaking Away"