Hi Eunice ....I agree with you there.  I did not care for the shorter
Women's B-17's either; I prefer the men's version. Fortunately my black
ladies' B-17 found a good home, I think, so that's good...
After 2-3 days the sitbone aches and pains usually go away, but I generally
have to grin and bear it for those first few rides