My theory (supported by some reading I've done) is that the muscles in the
butt build up from riding, making for less soreness over the "sit bones"
with time. I have a B17S on my Rivish bike and have found it to be
comfortable from the start for the sit bones but I had to get the tilt and
setback just right for comfort in other areas. I briefly tried a Terry
women's touring saddle before the Brooks and my sit bones hurt like crazy
no matter what I did. Now I have a new bike and since I already had the
Terry saddle, I put it on. No sit bone discomfort at all. Both bikes have
handlebars an inch or two above seat height. I had been riding regularly
since I first put the Terry on the Rivish bike so I think I had just built
up some muscles. So my advice is to play with the saddle adjustment. Maybe
it got out of whack while you were not riding. Then just give it a try for
awhile as you build your muscles back up.