If Grant designed a CF bicycle, I for one would be very interested in it
(assuming I could afford it, which is unlikely). Why? Because a
Rivendell-desiged CF bike would be a very nice riding and sturdy, and very
likely good looking bike. As the RR itself (via Bontrager) said in a long
ago article, material is the least important factor in frame design. Don't
let's confuse CF with silly design. Your Sam would remain exactly the same
as it was before.

Not that there is a snowball's chance in hell of Rivendell ever using CF.

Patrick Moore, who has no ideological animus against CF or any other frame
material.

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 5:35 PM, kielsun <bobk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm zero percent surprised that CF kids' bikes don't get a warm welcome on
> this list. We gather here because of our love for or interest in Rivendell
> Bicycles--lugged steel frames for everyday use that are intended to grow in
> beauty through usage. CF bikes in general are the opposite of that. Whether
> or not that statement stems from drinking Riv-Koolaid doesn't matter to me
> in the least.
>
> How would we all feel if Grant's next Blug post was all about the
> brand-new, CF-forked, super lightweight pro line of Rivendells? I'd
> probably be pretty bummed and my Sam would lose a bit of its luster. Seems
> like the OP's reaction is pretty similar. The company marketed itself one
> way and is now doing something quite different.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle