A second (or third or ...) for either LLBean or Sorrell.  My problem with
GorTex-type boots is my feet sweat a lot and I may as well wrap my feet in
plastic bags.  My feet would be no less wet.

Deacon hits the nail on the head regarding leaving plenty of room.  Some
people layer up on the socks then cram their feet into now too tight boots,
thinking more socks will be warmer.  On the contrary, they have simply
crushed all the air spaces from the socks leaving their feet much more
prone to cold injuries.  It's the air spaces that hold the warmth, not the
material of the fabric.  (Which is why fishnet base layers work so well ;-)

Cheers,
GAJett